Friday 17 April 2009

17th April


For two nights in a row now I've slept badly. This is so unusual for me, I normally sleep like a baby! The night before last my flatmate had a guy over who she's dating. I bumped into them as I got home (just before they went to bed) and he seemed a pleasant enough chap. But my God, did he snore! I noticed when I got up to use the bathroom - it sounded like someone was drilling into the nasal cavity of a hugely aggravated hippopotamus. Once my delicate ears had been alerted to this monsterous rumbling, I could focus on nothing else. One night gone.

Last night it all started out fine. I think I slept well for the first couple of hours. But it was one of those annoying nights where nothing seems comfortable. I had to get up twice to pee, once to fetch a glass of water, and I could never stay the right temperature! Too hot with the covers on, too cold without them.

Now I'll be popping the pro plus to stop my eyes drooping tonight - never a good look. I would try drinking Red Bull (or even better - a can of Relentless) but burping is an even less attractive quality! Not very ladylike at all. It happened to me once at completely the wrong moment; I don't intend to make that faux pas again.

Please let me know if you have any tips to keep me bright eyed and bushy tailed (apart from masturbation - I already tried that)!

Love,

Brooke x

No comments:

Post a Comment