Wednesday 1 September 2010

Drifting Along

Sometimes I feel completely involved and engrossed in the world around me. Sometimes the colours are bright and the sounds are loud, and when people speak to me the connection is intensely apparent. Other times, I feel quite detached, as if I'm in a bubble that separates me from everything. This is when it's as if I'm just drifting along through life, hearing what people say but not really being affected by it. Everything is slightly muted, and I can't quite connect with anything.

That is how I feel today. Nothing is particularly wrong; I'm just drifting along, out of focus. If you feel a connection with me, it is a front. If you think I'm engrossed in what you're saying, it's a good act. I can't wait to be involved again - it could be in 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 weeks. I don't think it's really up to me.

Do you know what I mean?

Brooke x

No comments:

Post a Comment