Wednesday 24 November 2010

Yikes.

Some men baffle me. My client last night was completely unpredictable; I thought we were having a nice time, just chatting and teasing each other flirtatiously, when all of a sudden he threw a huge strop and went into a sulk. I tried everything I could to placate him but nothing worked. I'm not used to reactions like that at all; usually I get on with everyone, male, female, young or old. I don't even know what it was I said that upset him! I met him for dinner months ago and he seemed perfectly normal then, but this is the first time I've been back to his hotel room. It was as if he flipped as soon as things started to heat up, which was strange because he really seemed to like me up until then.

I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does; I hate feeling like I haven't been successful on the job. Possible reasons are running through my head: maybe he got performance anxiety and lashed out to hide his embarrassment, perhaps we were discussing a topic that hit a nerve. I'm clueless.

On a brighter note, I have a lunch date with someone who never fails to delight me. That will cheer me up!

Brooke x

No comments:

Post a Comment