Tuesday 17 August 2010

No Rest for the Wicked

I couldn't sleep last night. I had a relaxed night in with my girls, consisting of manicures, pedicures and chick flicks. I'd usually sleep pretty well after something like that, plus I'd been to the gym before dinner so I was physically worn out. But as I lay in bed in the dark, my brain would not shut up. Sometimes I wish I was a bit dense just so I could get some peace and quiet.

I've always been a bit of an agony aunt to my friends; I seem to have a knack for good advice, and of course I'm a master of secrets (or mistress...). My problem is that I can't take my own advice; I know exactly what I should do to make myself feel better, to regain control and get all the balls safely back into my court - but I don't do it. It's as if the other side of my brain is a petulant child stamping its pretty little feet, insisting 'I don't want to. Shan't. Why should I?". Doing the right thing is not the same as getting what I want, so I remain in this unsettled state.

Silly me. Nothing a good shag and a cup of tea won't fix.

Brooke x



3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I'm exactly like that. Lately have been getting little sleep with all the things on my mind.

    May I ask, the reason why you've been in such a restless mood has anything to do with your favorite client? :)

    Take care girl

    Sexy Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might do Sadie... but it was alleviated slightly the the tea and shag! I'd recommend the same for you ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.
    Mine definitely doesn't get alleviated by tea and shag, since I drink lots of it daily. And the shags have been just - going through the motions.

    I hate feeling that way when I am working. So I'm not taking on any work at the moment. I need to be excited about what I'm doing, otherwise client isn't getting what he should be.

    x
    Sexy Sadie

    ReplyDelete