Tuesday 9 February 2010

Weed

I'm fairly certain that someone in my building is growing marijuana. I live on the top floor and usually take the stairs, and lately I keep catching the scent. It's not just the smell of someone smoking a joint, it's the actual plant smell, all times of the day. I'm not going to complain about them, it's quite a pleasant aroma! However I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned it.

I first tried it when I was 17; I'd never been a smoker so my friend crumbled some into my muesli (great way to disguise the crunchy bits). Being stoned for the first time was great - my head felt so heavy that I thought it might fall off, and I found this whole concept side-splittingly hilarious. My friends even left me by myself for a while because they were so embarrassed by my incessant giggling!

I was perhaps 19 when I first tried smoking a joint; I never made a habit out of it, and the first time made me sick. Nobody told me to inhale slowly, I remember feeling the burning down my throat... It wasn't until I moved to London that I started doing it slightly more often. I will certainly not become a lazy stoner, but every now and again it makes a lovely accompaniment to Family Guy.

Brooke x

No comments:

Post a Comment